Monday, August 15, 2005

Dance like no one is watching = Work like EVERYONE is watching!

Just got home from work. I really do love my job. I always get the butterflies in my stomach just like the kids when it's time to go back to school, it's exciting, a fresh new year, new friends, new clothes. It's fun.

I go back to work 3 weeks before the kids do. I'm actually one of two clerical people who go back this early. So, I'm pretty much alone in my office.

Today got me really thinking about my work ethic. Even though there's no one in my office and I'm really not "monitored" there's this drive in me when I wake up in the morning to get to work on time. I don't stop for coffee or a donut, I don't take extra time in the shower, I get up, get ready and go.

Willy even made breakfast for me this morning and instead of taking five minutes to drink my coffee and sit and eat my french toast, I grabbed my cup and plate and ran to the car to get to work so I wouldn't be late.

There's no fooling around when I get to work either, I guess I know what I'm supposed to do and how much work is involved in getting school started, but I get so intense sitting there all by myself making sure the work gets done. And what if it doesn't get done? I guess no one would really notice, but me, there are a lot of "maintenance" things people have no idea about. But that's why I'm "anal" about it, because I CAN'T STAND a job half-done!

Now, if you were to look around my house you'd never be able to tell how anal I am, but when it comes to work, EVERYTHING must get done and done properly! No one really knows how hard I work, because my job is so detailed no one really "see's" what I do. But I know and God knows.

I take great pride in my work, I strive to be efficient, I'm extremely detailed. Everyday I strive to work like someone is watching, but even if they are not, I know I've given it my all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lizz said...

Hey Doll! Can't wait to read more on here! You've got good stuff to say! LOL

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come work with me!!!

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home