Sunday, February 01, 2015

The New Year - (Originally written as a FB note on 1/1/11

The New Year

January 1, 2011 at 12:38am
As most people look back and say good bye to the year as it comes to a close and look forward to a new year, a new beginning, I have a difficult time.  As each year closes, I have to give glory and thanks to God for getting me through what seems every year as the hardest year of my life.  Each year gets more difficult and as this one closes I can only imagine what is in store for me in the next.

I'm not complaining, I'll never complain for what is dealt to me (well, maybe just a little complaining) but being the human that I am, I know that there is always more to bear.  My time with my family is only borrowed.  My time with my husband is on a countdown, it's just really hard when you don't know where the clock is ticking from.

I thank God for this year.  It was an especially difficult one.  Four surgeries, four changes in treatment & treatment schedules.  Things were VERY "ify" with BW there for quite a while.  June was a horrific month....just horrible for Willy (and me) I can't even think about my anniversary without tears welling and my heart aching all over again, so I won't think about it.  Work furloughs, layoffs (thank God I was able to keep my job).  Busy at work and several classes taken. A new church.  Then the absolutely unthinkable, I ran for a public office.  Campaigning, speech writing, door to door, phone banking, public appearances....craziness!  But through all of this, I came out victorious.

We endured the surgeries (and another to come very soon), we are dealing with the sucky treatment schedule.  Furloughs are over, still busy at work but I don't shy away from a challenge.  Kept my 4.0 EVEN through my campaign, and although I didn't win the seat, I have grown so much through the experience.  The amount of love and support from the community, friends, teachers and staff members was overwhelming to me.  I'm also so very grateful to be able to spend time and work side by side with my amazing friends Dennis & Kathy once again.

I wouldn't trade anything in this world for what I have, or even for what I don't have.  I have been dealt my portion.  Sometimes I hate what has been dealt to me, but when life fails me, God is my portion and that is all I need.  Faith, Hope, Joy, Love, Peace, a Sound Mind, I have all these things.  Nonetheless, I continue to face each year with fear.  A fear that grips my heart and I live with daily.  As I count down the old year I wish I could just stop time here because I feel I have made it.  But I can't.  I must start a new year all over and see if I can make it through this one, see if Willy can make it through another.

Thank you to my amazing children, Willy, Benito, Andrew and Alex for your support, love and understanding. Thank you to my scrappin buddies, life would be so boring without you!  Thanks for your kindness and love and for accepting who I am.  You are my escape from this crazy thing called "life" I appreciate all of you :)  Thanks to my friends, old and new, you are all amazing and I can never express what your support and encouragement mean to me.

Thanks to God who gives me victory over all circumstances in my life...bring on 2011

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home