Thursday, April 27, 2006

Oxymoron

No, not stupid people with acne!

Oxymoron’s are fun. I just love that word and I love phrases that fit that definition. I think I’ll start a list. I can’t promise one a day, but I’ll try to post at least once a week. That’ll give me a goal to maintain since I’ve been so bad at keeping up with my blog entries.

Here’s my first:

Deafening Silence:

I actually “get” this one. I’ve literally experienced it before and it was a “light bulb moment” for me.

As I’ve posted before, my Andrew has had some hearing problems and some very serious medical conditions with his ears.

Well, I joined him one afternoon for his hearing test. We were put in this soundproof booth and the door was shut. It was literally so quiet in that room that my ears hurt! I could hear myself swallow, blink and breathe. I could even here an “echo” in my head, LOL I swear!!! It was so quiet that my ears were buzzing.

It was very weird and hard to explain but I really did experience a “deafening” silence. Of course Andrew didn't hear a thing!

{crickets chirping}

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't that just suck?

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giggle...oh, I so understand!

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home