Thursday, August 03, 2006

We're goin' on a bear hunt, a bear hunt a bear hunt.......

Are you scared? Are you prepared? LOL

Thanks to that stupid big purple dinosaur, I used to sing this to the kids every time we went on an outing. I no long sing that song, but boy are we prepared!
Loaded up with coolers, sandwich fixins, drinks and snacks we load into the car and off we go!

Soft-shelled Turtle popped his head out of the sand and opened his eyes for me :)


Yesterday we ended up at the California Academy of Sciences It was a four person field trip as my van was in the shop plus Andrew & Big Willy had been worn out from the day before at the museum.

Poison dart Frog - there was an amazing blue one in there but he was hiding and I couldn't get a shot of him


Now this place is right up my boy's alley. They enjoyed themselves and we did a second go-round through the entire facility. I'm really happy they have an interim home for the Academy but boy I sure do miss the "old" building. This temp place is just a fraction of the size of the building in GG Park. The new facility won't be open until 2008, but it's going to be one amazing structure. Ben can't wait!

The penguin area was so crowded but I managed to get a picture of this little guy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome shots once again sweetie!

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, coolio. I've never been there before. Great pictures.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Krista Lund said...

great pics rebecca! i love seeing all the places you and your family go. makes me want to go too :)

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home