Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Rock

He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.



Thought I'd come out from underneath my rock and post.

I've been so sick for the past week. Allergies and sinus problems kicked my butt! *Had* to go do work everyday, you know how that is, but I've got a three day weekend to get caught up.

Went out in search of rocks to photograph on Friday. Since I couldn't *ACTUALLY* crawl under one and sit for while. So I've been staring at this photograph I took of some stupid rocks for days, wishing I could jump into the picture.

But what would I do when I got there? Worms are nasty, I hate spiders. And quite frankly I just HATE getting dirty, eeww. So, I get off my butt, and look to THE Rock. And of course I start singing:

Where do I go? 
When there's nobody else to turn to
Who do I talk to?
When nobody wants to listen
Who do I lean on?
When there is no foundation stable
I go to the rock
I know He is able, I go to the rock

I go to the rock of my salvation
I go to the stone that the builders rejected
I run to the mountain
And the mountain stands by me
When the Earth all around me is sinking sand
On Christ the solid rock I stand
When I need a shelter I go to the rock

Where do I go,
When the storms of life are threatening?
Who do I turn to when these winds of sorrow blow?
And is there a refuge in the time of tribulation
Go to the rock, I know he is able
I go to the rock


It's gonna be a tough week for me, I'd appreciate any prayers you can lend
...I'll pay them back I promise :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love that photo! Love that song! I sing it quite often! Always sending good thoughts and prayers to you!

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you and your family!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home