Monday, August 06, 2007

Here we go!

My stomach is doing flip flops just thinking about this and next week.

* Big Willy comes home with his dialysis equipment this week, first treatment at home on Friday.
* Little Willy's last week home. He's so quiet and somewhat sad. I'm not quiet and REALLY sad
* I go back to work this week :( I haven't even thought of this new school year!

We've got to prepare for boxes and boxes and BOXES of medical equipment here at home. I need to re-arrange the living room and I might have to downsize my scrappin area :( I'm thinking of everything I can to all of his supplies stored someplace else in the house....I'm giving up my closet space! LOL It was that or the scrap area, shoot I don't need any closet space! Hopefully that's enough room :)

This is a really positive thing for us. It's going to take a little getting used to, basically having a clinic set up in our living room. But this is our life now, until Willy can get a transplant.

LW got his dorm assignment, his financial aid award, a notebook computer is on it's way and he's finally got a cell phone! LOL I think he was the only 18 year old without a cell phone in California! Now he's got a way to communicate with his mom when he's in Tennessee. Computer AND cellphone. LOL

He's such a brave young man for doing this. You have to understand, my kids didn't even like spending the night at other kids' houses when they were little. I left home at 16 and never went back. But I felt that was my only choice and in a way, it was. I've made sure to make my children feel as they belong and to give them a refuge at home, now he leaves his refuge, his safe place, to face the world on his own. I know he's not alone, God is always be there and we're just a phone call or IM away, but really, we all know that type of *alone* and this is where he'll be.

The "grow up or else" alone. The "make the decision and pray it's the right one" alone. The "no time to ask for advice" alone. The "do it now or else" alone.

We went for a walk at Pier 39 late, late night on Saturday. Me, BW, LW and one of his friends Miss K. I this is one of my faves, so far :)


BTW check out this site, how cool is that?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about all of you this week!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sending prayers up for BW's new home dialysis set up and use. Also sending prayers for safe travels for LW! Prayers for his new adventure as well!

Congrats on the photo postings on that blog!

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture is so crystal clear it's amazing!
You hang in there mama, it will all be good. :)

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home