Monday, July 30, 2007

I have permission to cry



Yep, my children have given me permission to cry for the next month or so. My Benito, has promised not to call me a "little girl" when I start to cry. He actually said "You're supposed to cry mom. It's sad, but happy at the same time. But I understand, and it's ok if you cry"

HA! Words of wisdom from my bodyguard :)

Why am I crying? Well, I've only got 2 weeks and 1 day left at home with my oldest child. In two weeks, he will be leaving us, and in Tennessee starting a new life. His college life.

We had his grad/going away party on Saturday and what a wonderful time we had!

Thank you to everyone who helped set up, tear down and cook! Thanks to Teena for being there taking pictures that I couldn't get to! All the pictures in this post were taken by Teena, owner of Scrapper's Paradise

Thank you to all our friends and family who came to show your support and love for my son. We are all truly blessed to know him and to have him in our lives.

So if you see me and my eyes are watering, or tears streaming down my cheeks...it's allergy season isn't it? :)



Me, giving my speech. I have no clue what I said, but I cried when I said it!

This is Welo, my daddy, posing with Willy and Benito



The boys, always up to something. They are all so close, saying goodbye to Will is gonna be hard for them too.

Alex, not as shy as Will, but still he didn't say much. His "speech" was "I love my brother". He's gonna have the hardest time when Will's gone, he's so sensitive.


Dad and son. Ned I say more?


The "star" of the show....Tamales :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Dones said...

Congratulations! You should be so proud of your oldest son and all your boys! Don't forget to take time to be proud of you! You have done a great job raising a fine young man or you wouldn't be this sad that he is leaving! I am happy our boys have gravitated towards one another. i know we can't choose thier friends for them.. but boy am I thrilled when they choose the right ones!

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You boys are so cool. And you know when you start to cry you're going to make the rest of us cry too!

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love all the photos teena took! thanks for letting us be a part of this special day.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home