Thursday, February 19, 2015

My Healing

Originally posted as a FB note on October 25, 2013

My healing

October 25, 2013 at 11:15pm
After 15 years of battling this disease I believe I've come to an understanding with my body. I've been completely off of all my diabetes medication for 8 weeks now. I was down to one half of a pill and am now down to no medication. (Got off of insulin two years ago)

Well, my medication is now exercise. I will always be diabetic, but I have learned that I can control it by controlling myself. I walked/ran for about 25 minutes today, not because I wanted to, but because I HAD to. Instead of taking medication to solve my problem, I ran. That twenty intense minutes dropped my blood sugar 130 points.

No, it's not fun not being able to stuff my face whenever and with whatever I want. It's also no secret that I despise running. God gives me the strength to move forward and He helps me exercise the self control I need to be whole.

If I can do it, anyone can. Just ask God to help you and to give you the determination to do it. He will. He wants you to be whole, but you have to take the steps to make it happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home