Tuesday, May 08, 2007

When?

When did it happen? Where have the years gone? It seems like only yesterday, I was this young, scared new mom holding this precious amazing baby in my arms. This gentle, quiet babe who laid so still taking in everything around him. When did he transform?

When did he grow up? When did he grow from this?: to this?:My baby is a man now. Yeah, some may say just because he's 18 doesn't automatically make him a man. I would agree somewhat, but his selective service registration card is sitting right in front of me and I have to face the fact that he is indeed a man, no matter what I think.

He'll be leaving home soon, on a venture that will take him a couple thousand miles away from me. My baby, who I hated to let spend the night away from home, my baby who I hated to leave at the baby sitters, my baby who I've tried to protect and shield all his life. My baby, who is now a man. When?

He won't be home on his birthday next year, I know I shouldn't think about it. But I was there when he was born. I felt the pain as he passed from his confined but safe, warm and secure world, into this big, cold and sometimes unforgiving life. I can't imagine being without him to celebrate on a day that brought so much wonderful change and joy into my life.

So, all I can do is celebrate and cherish what I have now and not worry about tomorrow. But still, yesterday, he was a boy and today, he is a man. When?

4 Comments:

Blogger Krista Lund said...

wow! how time flies! great photo rebecca :)

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great post. Look how little LW was. What a cutie! I can't imagine Max being all grown up.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post and photo of your all grown up "little boy". Hugs to you.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great photos Rebecca! It is amazing how fast time flies with the little ones!

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home