Friday, March 06, 2015

In the thick of it, but I know morning is on the way

Originally posted as a FB note on March 5, 2013


In the thick of it...but I know morning is on the the way

March 5, 2013 at 11:54pm
Months from now I'll wonder how I did it. I'll wonder where the strength came from and I'll stand amazed at the Glory of God. For now, there is no time to turn to either side and check out where I am. There is no time for distractions, amazement or disbelief. I just press forward to the goals that are set before me.
As I push forward thoughts go through my head - thoughts that I shouldn't be here. Thoughts of the years gone by and the beatings, pressings and breaking I've already gone through. The moments where I almost gave up flash through my mind. Dark moments. Desperate. Helpless and hopeless moments. Moments of indescribable hurt and pain. Yet, I look up and see light. I see hope. I see a future. Amazing.
No time for distractions. No time for celebrating, yet. But when the time does come, I will weep. I will weep for what I've been through. I will weep for what I have come out of and I will weep for what is to come. Then the morning will shine ever so brightly upon my life and Joy...Joy will overwhelm me and I will cry sweet, not bitter, tears. Oh, sweet release - I feel you ever so near!
Be my Strength Lord. Continue to be my strength.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home