Monday, March 02, 2015

The Hard Road

Originally posted as a FB note on August 31, 2013


The Hard Road

August 31, 2013 at 11:47pm
I was just thinking about different circumstances in my life and how God has seen me through so many. it's really hard to see good or a benefit in our trials and struggles, but looking at our past trials brings comfort, peace and courage to go forward.

16 years ago my husband suffered a major stroke; a bleed on the left side of his brain. It severely affected his language central, paralyzed him and robbed him of his short term memory. As I walked into the emergency room the doctor told me that my husband would most likely not live past the hour.

It was a horrific thing for me to live through. Seeing your loved one change from what they once were into someone completely different in a moment's time is shattering, to say the least. I knew we still had a road to discover ahead of us and I also knew that the road was going to be extremely difficult.

It was. It is. But it is the road that The Lord has chosen.

To the doctor's surprise my husband made it through that hour, and the next day, and the next. He made it through rehab. Through months of physical, speech and occupational therapy my husband learned to walk and speak again.

The road we have been on has been a difficult one. One that many cannot comprehend and will never be able to understand unless they have experienced it. This is the same for all of our difficult roads. Each one is unique. Each one is different and each one is hard. We all must walk our own difficult roads.

Honestly, I don't know why I've been led to share this, but I think we all need to know that there is One who knows the road you walk. One who knows your difficulties and who will see you through. The most frustrating part about walking down our roads is not knowing what's ahead. We want to see what's out there and we want to be able to prepare ourselves for what is to come. We can't always do that, but we can rest assured that The Lord directs our path so that we won't stumble, and that His Word is a light to our feet.

No matter what you are to face on this road of life, good, bad, frustrating or joyful, know that The Lord is there to guide you and help you. Remember the road He's brought you from - its okay to look back and see how far you've come. Just don't go back to where you were. Forward....always forward.

Ps 37:23. Ps 119:105

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home