Thursday, August 18, 2005

It's a girl!

My friend had her baby this morning, we knew it was going to be a girl...lucky her!! She's tiny, 5lbs and change.

No girls for me though! No girls for me :(

No sisters, no grandmother, no daughters, no mother. No girls for me.

But I do have girl friends. Friends I've talk to almost every day for the past 3 months Laurie.

Friends I talk to every day at work, Ginny.

Friends I talk to a couple times a week, Celia, Suzy.

Friends I talk to a couple times per month, Rene, Lisa, Lara, Michelle, Grace, Lizz, Lonae.

Friends who I don't see or talk to but a couple times per year and everytime we get together it seems as though we've never been apart. Jennean & Kathy. Girl friends with whom I've shed many tears. I've grieved with, I've shared joys of children, losses of babies, mothers, fathers. I've shared successes and failures. Hurts and pains with these women. Laughter that literally makes you pee your pants, I've shared with these women...and...even farts.

So I guess, when I REALLY think about it, I do have girls, my girls, my girl friends.

To all my girls out there, Love ya! (and if I've forgotten to name you please forgive me and slap me upside the head next time you see me k?)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yep!!! I'm happy to say that we chat everyday! I don't think my day would be complete without chatting with you! I think if I didn't chat with you on a given day, I would have a hard time falling asleep! You are really a great friend! We've chatted, giggled, snorted, and vented together, but we have yet to fart! LOL I heart you Rebecca!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I'm one of the girls you talk to! I just wish I lived closer and we could get together more for lunch, dinner, movies..that kind of thing. Love you too!
And no, I will not fart with you-giggle.

10:39 AM  
Blogger marygrace said...

So glad we're friends, Rebecca. You're just too cool for me. :)

1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're such an amazing friend, Rebecca! I'm so glad we're getting to know each other...although, I feel like we've been old pals for ages! :-)

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home