Monday, November 13, 2006

I love this kid

Well, I knew this year would be tough, being that this is my firstborn's senior year of high school. Emotions run from sadness, worry, joy and pride. But I must say, this man-child is just a wonderful human being.

We've been hanging out every weekend for the past several weeks. Either going for long drives, or escaping in the middle of the night to take night shots at our favorite places. This weekend we actually went ballroom dancing! Yes, this "cool" teenage boy, went to a studio with his "old" mother, took lessons and then did the "West Coast Swing" for a couple of hours with a bunch of strangers!

Whether, he's come along just to protect me, to apease me, because he's bored or because he just plain likes to hang out with me, I might never know. What matters is that he's there and we both know our time together is growing short.

Today, I'm proud to say he got his first college acceptance letter!!!! The first of what I'm sure will be many. This was a really good morale booster for him. Although it's a local university, I know he doesn't want to stay local which is actually fine by me.

It's wierd but I really do want him to go away and experience life on his own, to branch out and become who God has intended him to be. I think, this child, is one who needs to be thrown into the deep end of the pool and made to swim. I'm sure he'll do fine, he may gulp a few mouth-fulls of water, but he'll do just fine.

I'm so proud of my baby!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of LW! We wish him the best in his future as a college student. Woo-hoo!

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is just so awesome! I really hope that I can be as good a mom as you are...congrats to you all!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home