Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Just Beyond that Mountain

Originally posted as a FB note on August 4, 2012

Just beyond that mountain

August 4, 2012 at 10:46pm
Hiking in the dark today made me realize that traveling in darkness or with a hindered view isn't always a bad thing. The darkness helps to shield how far I have to go. It hides the steep inclines that I have yet to face. Throughout my life I've often asked God to reveal the entire path that I still have to take and I get frustrated when I don't or can't see the end result. But He knows that because of my nature, if I see how far I have left to go, I just might give up or be content with the now.

It's only when we come out of the darkness and see how far we've gotten that we appreciate how far we have left to go. We then continue our journey with great anticipation and appreciation. "We've come too far to turn back now." How many of us would have gotten this far if we could have seen how much further there was to travel?

My life has been a difficult journey. Honestly, if I had known how hard it would be I would have given up a long time ago. But God keeps me walking on the path with a light shining right in front of me. Through the mountains surrounding me, I get glimpses of beautiful scenery and splashes of color in the sky ahead. I stand still, look around and see the long difficult path I have just traveled. Just beyond the bend of the mountain in front of me I see my goal in sight.

I thank God that he is all knowing and He will never give us more than we can handle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home