Thursday, August 25, 2005

Things do get crazy sometimes, how do you deal with them?

I've been asked this question so many times during my life, it still amazes me. My own drug addict brother once told me I should have been the one who was a substance abuser.

Things have been quite hectic this week. I was expecting this week to be crazy with school orientation and all. I knew I was going to have to put in a few late nights at the office, and things are always rough trying to get school open.

What I didn’t know is that while I was going home for lunch on Monday, I’d be hit by a car. It was all pretty surreal but I’ve survived. I’m banged up a bit, my head still hurts and my shoulder is really sore but I’m ok. My car needs help LOL, it’s off in the body shop somewhere.

Between all of this and trying to get Andrew’s health situation in taken care of it can be very stressful. But if I’ve learned anything through all of the “boards torn up” in my life is that

· God always takes care of me
· God will let nothing come my way that I cannot handle
· When there doesn’t seem to be anything else I can do, I just need to be still and wait

I’ve gone through so many hardships and trials in my life that these things are just minor annoyances. Sure, we don’t know what’s going on with Andrew but whatever the problem is we’ll get through it. Sure I don’t have a car right now, but we do have the little one and even though all of us don’t fit in the little car, we’re close enough to be dropped off and picked up if the other needs the car.

Hey try being pregnant and in labor with your first born child and not having a car! Now THAT was hard! Our little VW Rabbit broke down a couple of weeks before Little Willy was due. Of course I was having Braxton- Hicks contractions. We had to call Willy’s uncle, our pastor at the time, and he took us to the hospital….yep false alarm. I was so embarrassed! That was hard LOL

We’ll see how the rest of this week plays out. How we’ll get all the kids to school next week. How we’ll deal with Andrew’s test results. I don’t know what’s gonna happen in the near future, but whatever does happen I know:
· God always takes care of me
· God will let nothing come my way that I cannot handle
· When there doesn’t seem to be anything else I can do, I just need to be still and wait

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Rebecca! You know I'm always at your beckon call! If you need something, anything just call....that includes a ride somewhere...anywhere!

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're doing well, Rebecca! Take it easy and if you need anything, let me know. :-)

(Hey, and take Laurie up on her offer. Head to Suzy's where she can't shop until she finishes 10 projects! :-) ...hee...hee...)

6:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So not nice Lara!! If it came to that, I could just give Rebecca money and tell her what to buy for me! That way, technically, I wouldn't be buying it! LOL

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home