Wednesday, April 15, 2015

God Changes the Entire Universe for Me

Originally posted as a FB note on March 10, 2011


God changes the entire universe for me

March 10, 2011 at 9:08pm
I remember one time when I was a little girl, I couldn't have been more than five or six, driving with my mother on some unfamiliar road, in an unfamiliar town.  I was riding in the front seat, trying to hold a conversation while she was extremely disinterested and preoccupied.  She finally became extremely impatient with me and told me to be quite, she was trying to figure out where we were because we were lost.  I so vividly remember the panic that gripped my heart, the fear of being lost in a strange place, the look of frustration on my mother's face didn't help the situation.  Just then, a sudden solution hit me, "mom, I'm going to pray that we're not lost".  My mother, in her fashion, looked at me as if the horns she swore cursed my head of curls just grew several inches right before her eyes.  "No really mom, I'm going to pray and I know God will make us not lost".  Again, her faithless, irritated eyes darted at me in a look that said "just shut up Becky".

I quietly bowed my head and prayed to God that we not be lost.  I recall thinking to myself, "but what if we ARE lost?"  and my reply "well, if we are lost then God will move the streets around and we won't be lost anymore!  He will make our car be exactly where it is supposed to be."  We came out of that trip, exactly where we were supposed to be.  When my mother declared we were not lost anymore, I rejoiced in the fact that God heard my prayers.  I marveled that God would rearrange an entire city just because I prayed it so.  Of course, it was pointless to speak to my mother about my miracle, but from that point on I truly believed that God in his loving mercy would rearrange the universe for me if I so desperately need it.

Last week was a tough week.  I was reminded of God's miraculous provision in my life through my youngest child.  I saw the same faith, assurance and confidence in him that I believed so long ago.  In a sense, he prayed that God do some major rearranging in our lives in order to bring peace and comfort to our family and guess what?  God did.

I often think about the sting of my mother's look, the faithless gaze and the painful words.  But I look at my son and I speak life into his heart.  I speak encouragement.  Faith.  Hope.  I let him know this week that I share his faith and his prayers were answered.  Not only do we both believe that God will change the universe for us if we absolutely need it, we know He's done it a few times already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home