Saturday, September 03, 2005

Alex's little problem with lunch

Well the first week of school has come and gone, and boy what a week it was.

I do not have the emotional strength to even comment on Katrina, I’m not being callous or insensitive, just overwhelmed by the magnitude of this disaster that I cannot even “go there” right now.

But I will tell you about Alex’s first day of school.

Willy made the boys and me lunch all week, what a sweetheart!

We’re still driving the little car since my van is still in the shop, so Willy and I are in the car with Alex. I was taking them home so I could get back to work.

I asked Alex about his day. I asked him about his lunch and if everything went well, he was supposed to buy milk to drink with his sandwich.

He said “Yeah, everything went ok, except I did have a small problem”

So I ask “What was the problem babe?”

Alex says “Well, I was still hungry after lunch”

“Why? Didn’t dad pack you a full lunch?” I asked

“Yeah, but my sandwich got all smashed and it was really little, so small that I was still hungry after I ate it”

I told him that even though his sandwich was smashed, it was the same amount of food as if he had a “non smashed” sandwich. He wasn’t buying it though. He just didn’t eat enough because his sandwich was soooooo small!

That was Alex’s first day of school!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My poor little Alex! Shame on you for not knowing that when a sandwich is smashed, it is indeed smaller than when it started! Sheesh!

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the cutest thing I've heard! Ha...maybe if I smash up See's Candies or ice cream, I could use that excuse. :-)

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home